Regional Fire Stations - Contact Details
About South Eastern Region
The Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) South Eastern Region occupies the area to the south and south-east to the New South Wales border, immediate west and north-west of Brisbane to the Great Dividing Range.
The Region contains some of the fastest developing urban/rural communities, population and land use growth areas in Queensland. This includes the Local Government Areas and major cities of the Gold Coast, Logan, and Ipswich, and the Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley and Somerset Regional Councils.
With the Region’s current growth rate it is forecasted that the population density for the whole of region will exceed two million residents by 2026 (Reference: Office of Urban Management).
Gold Coast City is the sixth largest city in Australia with a current population in excess of 540,000 residents (this does not include the high numbers of tourist and transient visitors to the city estimated at approximately ten million annually). The city hosts many major national and international annual events such as the Gold Coast Motor Race, Schoolies Festival, New Year’s Eve Gala, Gold Coast Marathon and the Big Day-Out Rock Festival.
Ipswich and Logan cities are experiencing significant growth and community infrastructure enhancement with both approaching a population of 200,000 and 300,000 residents respectively.
A large proportion of this demographic change across the South Eastern Region will be accommodated through localised redevelopment and the continuing trend to higher-density urban expansion in the major eastern, south-western and western growth and transport corridors between these cities, communities and Brisbane City (Capital of Queensland).
This continuing regional development and population growth has resulted with an enhancement in QFES frontline operations focused on community engagement, education and safety initiatives (including hazard mitigation), bushfire prepared communities, and strengthening capability in supporting multi-agency “‘All Hazard Emergency Management”.
The QFES South Eastern Region - Organisational Infrastructure:
South Eastern Region “All Hazards Emergency Management” front line services are provided through 34 Fire and Rescue Stations, and 85 Rural Fire Brigades.
An operational philosophy of “no boundaries” exists between QFES South Eastern Region and neighbouring South Western Region and Brisbane Region, and also for the Northern Rivers and Central Highlands Districts of New South Wales with Fire and Rescue NSW (FSNSW) and the NSW Rural Fire Service (NSWRFS).
QFES infrastructure in South Eastern Region includes:
- Regional staffing includes 487 permanent fire officers, technical and administrative staff, 240 auxiliary firefighters, and approximately 3,500 volunteer firefighters;
- Regional Headquarters (RHQ) for urban and rural operations is located at Beenleigh – 32 Tansey Street, Beenleigh QLD;
- Regional Operations Centre (ROC) located at RHQ Beenleigh;
- Regional Fire Communications Centre (Firecom South East) located at the Regional Operations Facility, Southport;
- Sixteen permanent staffed (10/14 roster) Fire and Rescue Stations;
- Eighteen auxiliary staffed Fire and Rescue Stations;
- Eighty-five Rural Fire Brigades;
- More than Seventy-four urban and one hundred and seventy-five rural operational fire appliances, and forty operational support vehicles;
- Community Safety Operations Command (Offices at Regional Operations Facilities at Southport and Beenleigh);
- Regional Professional Development Command (Offices at Regional Operations Facility, Beenleigh, Southport and Ipswich);
- Regional Technical Rescue staff and specialised appliances located at Robina, Beenleigh and Ipswich Fire and Rescue Stations;
- Regional Breathing Apparatus/HAZMAT operational support and training centre at the Regional Operations Facility at Southport;
- Regional Fire Investigation Unit (Office at Regional Operations Facility, Beenleigh);
- Fleet Engineering Workshops (Regional Operations Facilities, Southport and Ipswich);
- Regional Operational Logistics stores (Regional Operations Facilities at Beenleigh, Southport and Ipswich);
- Regional Duty Manager Operations (Office: RHQ Beenleigh);
- Rural Operations Regional Command (Office: RHQ Beenleigh);
- Rural Operations Area Command (Office: QFRS Regional Operations Facility, Ipswich);
- Gold Coast Zone Command (Office: Regional Operations Facility, Southport);
- Gold Coast South Command (Office: Regional Operations Facility, Southport);
- Gold Coast North Command (Office: QFRS Regional Operations Facility, Southport);
- Scenic Rim Area Command (Office: Beaudesert Fire and Rescue Station);
- West Moreton Zone Command (Office: QFRS Regional Operations Facility, Ipswich);
- Logan Command (Office: QFRS Regional Operations Facility, Beenleigh);
- Ipswich Command (Office: QFRS Regional Operations Facility, Ipswich);
- Lockyer/Somerset Command (Office: Gatton).