The Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is committed to creating a safer Queensland through provision of world-class professional fire and rescue services.
The 2007 review of the Building Fire Safety Regulation 1991 highlighted necessary increases to fees charged for building approvals and the need to introduce new fees.
Findings of the review were:
- QFES is committed to delivering enhanced levels of customer service specifically tailored to meet industry needs.
- Unprecedented growth in Queensland’s building and development industry has led to significant increase in demand for QFES’ building and major infrastructure fire safety services.
- Industry has indicated a requirement for additional QFES resources to improve response times. Fee changes will be directed towards improved service delivery.
- Feedback from building industry professionals revealed that QFES charges were outdated and not aligned with industry standards.
Building Fire Safety and Major Infrastructure fees represent a small proportion (less than 0.1 per cent) of the total building cost.
Changes to fees align with feedback gathered via consultation with building industry professionals and retains QFES’ commitment to its community service focus. These changes will support QFES’ role in ensuring that buildings and major infrastructure projects are built and maintained to appropriate fire safety standards.
The links below provide more detailed information regarding the fees and charges.
- FAQs (PDF/88KB)
- Community Safety Office Contact List (PDF/85KB)
- Application for building fire safety services (DOC/1.3MB)
- Application for Major Infrastructure Fire Safety Services(PDF/33KB)
For further assistance email:Building.FireSafety@qfes.qld.gov.au
We collect your personal information (e.g. email address details) to address your matter and will only disclose it to third parties if authorised by law or with your consent. To find out further information, please refer to our privacy statement.
Last updated 24 October 2011