The Rural Fire Service (RFS) needs all types of people, with a wide range of skills, to keep brigades running and communities safe. There are only a few requirements to becoming a non-operational member of your local RFS brigade.
- Most importantly, a genuine interest in voluntary community work and the objectives of the RFS
- Commitment to developing a positive culture in and around your Rural Fire Brigade area
- Available time to dedicate to performing your role
- Ability to comply with relevant QFES policies, procedures and legislation including Code of Conduct and Workplace Health and Safety
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Applicants over the age of 18 must undergo a Criminal History Check
- Willing to give back to your community
Contact your local RFS brigade
For more information on joining a brigade or the type of assistance you can offer, contact your local brigade through your local area office.
You will be required to attend all relevant RFS meetings, undertake additional training and education programs that support your role, and to attend to emergency situations if and when they occur.
For more information on joining the RFS and the type of assistance you can offer, contact your local brigade through your local area office.